1) Did y'all see The Sound of Music Live last night? It just about killed me that I couldn't. We don't have a TV or cable (I just stream shows or watch DVDs on my computer). I was probably kinda of grouchy last night knowing I was missing the excitement. I was Liesl VonTrapp in my high school's production 10 years ago and had so much fun doing it. So the whole thing is nostalgic for me. Can't wait till they have the rewatch streaming available online. Can't wait.
2) Speaking of TV I was always one of those my-child-won't-watch-TV-perfect-moms until I became a mom. You're always the perfect mother till you become a mom, right? And this week we've started a daily Baby Einstein habit. C is super grouchy after her nap so I just strap her in her high chair with a snack and pull up Baby Einsteins on my computer and 20 minutes later she's happy as a clam. Thank you, Baby Einsteins for chasing the grouchies away.
3) I found this quote on Pinterest this week and I LOVE it. Mike and I want to do a wall of inspiring quote prints and I'm wondering are there any graphic artists/business who do custom prints that don't cost a small fortune? Like I could send them the quote I want and they make it into a PDF? Or do you Mac users know of any good programs that are manageable for us to DIY?
4) Speaking of Macs and such...my husband has a Mac laptop for work because he definitely needs those Mac programs for his job. I'm still using my Lenovo from college. Which works great program wise. But the body of it is falling apart. Literally. The screen is hanging onto the body of the laptop by a thread...haha. I want to do all my shopping around for a new computer before mine bites the dust so I'm not desperate for new one and end up paying too much. I'm leaning towards Mac since I do photography. But would love to know what computer you use and what you love about it.
5) I had a small mental breakdown the beginning of the week about Caroline's WubbaNub and a mommy friend of mine reminded me of something really simple, but really good: "She'll do it in her own time". So so so true. I think as moms we easily get caught up in worrying about whether our little one is meeting the mark. It's better for her to do things later than I like and both of us be more happy and sane than drive us both a little crazy pushing her to do something she's not ready for yet.