1) Bite your tongue instead of saying "We could just ask my Dad".
2) Painting, like marriage, is never naturally perfect on its own. It's how much effort you put into it that counts. Sometimes that requires paint touch-ups and a second coat, or a heart to heart and quality time together.
3) Your bed's dark leather headboard will be magnetically attracted to light colored paint splotches. Much like a man's dirty socks have a magnetic repellent to the clothes hamper.
4) Divide and conquer. You do it while painting a room, do it for all life's other responsibilities as well. He wins the bread, I bake it.
5) How you go about doing something is just as important as the result, whether you're completing a weekend bedroom paint project or tackling a disagreement.
What's the best piece of marriage advice you've ever received?