Here's an easy crockpot recipe that has become my favorite healthy dessert recipe for Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- 5 apples (I used gala) halved with the core scooped out
- 1 1/2 cups spiced apple cider
- 2 generous tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- preheat crock pot on low
- place apples skin side down in the crock pot and add apple cider
- combine remaining ingredients (it helps if you slightly soften the butter in the microwave) and place on top of apples.