1) Caroline's napping has been a battle today. It took me 2 hours to finally convince her taking a morning nap might be a good idea. Same goes for afternoon nap as well. We missed both baby lapsit at the library and an afternoon walk with our friends Ashley (mommy's friend) & Olive (Caroline's friend). You're a slave to the book in college, a slave to the clock once you've landed a job, and a slave to the naps once you become a mom.
2) I decided mid mega grocery haul at Target today (Caroline rode happily in the Ergo, best invention EVER) that we'd have avocado egg salad sandwiches for dinner tonight. I finally managed to have all the ingredients on hand for a non-oven necessary dinner (broken oven...still) without calling Mike on the way home from work with a grocery run request. Aaaaand I managed to hard boil the eggs for 3 hours. Yes, 3 hours. Life happened while the eggs were cooking.
3) I ate an unmentionable amount of 70% dark chocolate chips during both morning and afternoon naps. Some mamas have their evening glass or wine. I scarf down chocolate. As I tell my husband often "I'm going to the kitchen to eat my emotions", he just laughs every time.
4) I picked up some Happy Baby Spinach Puffs for Caroline during our major grocery haul and she absolutely loves them. And...ahem... I might have downed quite a few myself. Them things are gooooood.
5) And this lil bit makes every
crazy day worth it...