Delicious. Sweet. Decadent. You'll never believe these paleo chocolate coconut macaroons are actually good for you. So good for you that they'd be a perfectly healthy breakfast to go. Or nutrient rich afternoon snack.
Or if you're like me an anytime all day snack. I dare you to eat just one. Good thing they're so healthy because once you start it's hard to stop.
They're so quick to make- just one bowl and a spoon. And the ingredients are so, so, so good for you. I've mentioned that a few times now haven't I? Raw coconut, raw cocoa powder, grassfed gelatin, coconut oil, ground chia seeds. How can something so yummy be so good for you?
I believe healthy eating should always be delicious and even decadent. Now enough of me dragging you along here with mouth watering photos. Here's the actual recipe and quick, no fuss directions.
Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (an extra tablespoon or 2 depending on how sweet you want them, I prefer less sweet myself)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin (my favorite is Vital Proteins, so good for you!)
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut plus a little extra for rolling the macaroons in once they're formed
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds or ground flaxseed (just make sure they're ground now whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt the coconut oil and pure maple syrup in the microwave or double boiler...careful not to over cook and burn the chocolate sauce. Stir in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Once this is well stirred (taste test a bit to make sure it's sweet enough for you). Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well (sometimes it helps to mix with your hands). Roll into balls then roll in shredded coconut oil. Store in your fridge and you've got a delicious paleo friendly treat whenever you're craving chocolate.
What's your favorite on the go healthy treat?